10 June 2010

re-intergration chapel.

A significant moment for me during my time at Marshmead was a particular moment on my second expo. I was doing the Lake Barricoota Hike and Canoe and was staying both nights at the bluff. It just happened to be, that on the second night, I found myself lying on the hard wood of the jetty looking up at the night sky. The sky was filled with stars, as most skies are. If you look up now, you’ll see a ceiling. What do you see when you step outside and look up. It’s pretty cloudy up there isn’t it. If you look up at the sky at night here at Melbourne, you’ll see a couple stars. Maybe some clouds or a shooting star. Oops sorry. That’s just a plane. But do you remember the sky at Marshmead? As I lay there, I could see so many stars. I spotted the Southern Cross, Orion’s belt, the Seven Sisters and so many other stars, littered around the sky. The stars to me looked like fairy dust, drifting across a blanket of velvety blue. There were blue stars, and flaming red stars. Shooting stars and bright, golden stars. When I looked up, an old tree stood in the side of my vision, obscuring nothing but a handful of the stars in the sky. Maybe I was seeing different galaxies, maybe an unknown star. To some they may see the sky scientifically, ‘the dome above our world that may have a few holes in it’. To others they’re seeing endless possibilities. But to me in that very moment, my heart saw these brilliant creations of pure light. These stars are simple signs that keep pushing me on. To keep trying. To reach out; to reach the stars. And I wonder, who else is looking at the stars. Who else is thinking the same thoughts as me. In that instant, I felt so connected with everything, with everything. If everyone turns around, right now. And look at something at the back of the room. Now think, how many other people, could be staring at the exact same thing as you. Thinking the exact same things.

ily bub.

No comments:

Post a Comment