29 December 2013

'Schoolies' Part 1 - Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

After copious planning, I, along with three friends; Xin (xxx), Lucie and Nicole, traveled to Kuala Lumpur and Hong Kong for our after-exam holiday (I suppose you could call it as it was not a traditional schoolies).
The next few following posts will also contain details on the trip.

So we arrived at Melbourne Tullamarine International Airport at about 10pm on Tuesday the 19th of November. Our flight left at 12:45am the next day, and we arrived in KL at about 6:30am local time (3 hours back). Being the type of person to make the best of things, I watched Pacific Rim, 냵ꖵ뼍陁낹鲵뼍陁 (Secretly, Greatly), and I"m sure I watched a third however I can't remember the name. I slept lightly for about 30 minutes as the plane landed.


Day One - Arriving in KL
Arriving at KLIA, Nicole's dad picked us up and drove us to their home. Unfortunately I didn't take many photos of the landscapes we passed but I do have a photo from the karaoke place we went to later. After settling in at Nicole's, we at breakfast at the Cove and then went on to 1utama for the day. Karaoke was at Neway and was only about 10AUD - yay!



Later that night, we had dinner outside with Nicole's extended family. Phillip, Nicole's cousin, drove us to Retza where we tried shi sha.. I didn't mind it but it's really not my type of thing.
I think this was the day we stayed up late playing cards.. I'm not very good at cards.. :(

Day Two - 1utama
This was like, one of my major shopping days. Of course I bought a lot on other days but I think this might have been the most. My journal from this day starts 'Major dilemma. I spent too much!'
We were at 1utama for the day - Nicole lives close by so we spent a lot of time there. We started the day with breakfast at TGIF at 4:30pm... and then shop shop shopped until night.
I bought an Armani Exchange shirt and tie, Forever21 skirt, Misconceptions of Us album by SHINee, Growl album by Exo (K version), H&M shorts and 2 Topshop eye crayons.
Actually that's not that much... I just usually don't buy anything so it seems a lot to me - also, we paid Nicole back for the SS5 tickets so that was also a big loss of money ^^
Afterwards, Nicole's dad took us to an open bar called Laundry and he seemed a bit intent on getting us all drunk. Xin has a bad Asian flush so getting her to drink is always amusing ^^ I'm lucky I don't get red - though I sometimes feel my face getting a bit warmer.

Update 21/01/14: found this photo on my phone - so I don't think we played cards (lol) Poppin Cooking!!!

Day Three - KLCC and Times Square
By the third day we were all waking up at about 2pm despite Lucie's and my protests when planning the trip that we'd have to be ready to leave by 11:30am. The plan was to head to KLCC and shop for a little bit before going to the theme park at Times Square. KLCC didn't provide much shopping for anyone though it was nice to travel into the city and see a different mall. Plus, KLCC is technically a touristy thing to do so I could spin that as a tourist activity to mum. On the way we also passed Heritage Park, Parliament and the National Monument - I drove past saw them, so that must count as a tourist activity too! ^^



Travelling to Times Square was... well we traveled 3km in 1 hour. Yay.
So when we got to the theme park, there was discussion on if it was worth buying the pass or not. We decided not to and just looked around the shops. It wasn't a branded shopping centre and apparently is quite sketchy and unsafe. I bought a back pack which I'll probably be using for uni next year.

If I remember correctly, we went to a street food place afterwards and I tried a couple of skewers. I had tripe, liver and cockles? (Tripe in pho is the best thing ever) We also had this bun - I can't remember the name - and tried this frog leg dish and congee. It was so good :3 The other's say I eat a lot of exotic food but I think that's just the way Viet kids are brought up - we eat all different parts of an animal not just the standard ribs or rump steak etc.

They stayed up late playing cards again but I think I went to sleep earlier at 2am or so.

Day Four - SS5
I'll pop up a link to my fan account for Super Show 5 Malaysia.
We had dinner at a restaurant in Tropicana which was about 30 minutes away from closing. Everyone was so hungry though and they cooked the food quickly for us so we were out in about 20 minutes anyway.

Day Five - Cove
Recovering from the gorgeousness of people who aren't even my oppas. omona.
太完美.

Actually; we wanted to try market shopping since all we had been doing was going to shopping centers, so we went to the Cove (which was where Laundry was) and shopped in the bazaar there before heading back into the actual shopping center. Fail.

But actually we managed to finally find hair dye (Xin and I had planned to bleach our hair for a long time). I'll have a link to my hair dying story after I finish everything - bleached my hair yesterday and I might try another hair dye later..

I also bought a shirt at the market and we all got fake tattoos done.
That night Xin and I did our hair and I ended up sleeping at 5am T.T - usual for maybe Nicole and Xin but not me D:

Day Six - 1utama (again)
Met up with our friend Marisa! She wanted to meet at Pavillion but because it's in the city, we didn't want to risk the traffic again (especially since by the time we wake up and are ready to go - it's peak time) So back to 1utama we go - We ended up in a different part of the shopping centre anyway so more exploring ^^

Xin and  Marisa got hair wraps done and since both of them have such long hair, the rest of us got quite bored. The rest of us left for about half an hour and then came back, then I waited with Xin while the others went to buy food. Sitting in the little tattoo slash piercing slash hair wrap shop - I was greatly tempted to get my ears pierced (which I've wanted forever anyway but hey - I'm indecisive!). I got my second on my left and not-really-cartilage on my right (the fleshy bit at the top).

Marisa had to leave to pick up her sister from school (hehe school) and we went off to watch Hunger Games! (I'm tempted to do movie reviews since I saw so many on the plane rides and my family watches movies every month at least)

We had dinner at Phillip and Hazel's house - amusingly Xin was red after a couple of drinks and she went napnap.

We didn't sleep that night as our flight was at 9am so we had to be at the airport by 6-ish.
So I'm really not sure how I'm supposed to go about writing these sorts of things - but I gave it my best shot ^^ I'll try to post the rest of the trip asap but I'm really bogged down with work right now (sigh* the consequences of working in retail)
(and sorry I have like. no. photos)

faithfully,
Mai

No comments:

Post a Comment