13 September 2014

DaMon Day

So, this post was so not planned but someone mentioned it and then I thought why the hell not.
So here :) this is the story of David and Monica's birthday on Thursday.

Make a wish, birthday kids!

About a week before hand, pretty much all of AC and Panel were contacted to make an event for David and Monica's joint birthday on Thursday. I'm not really sure how it came about - but a rather embarrassing photo of David was sent across (thanks Vincent!), and I dug up a mildly embarrassing photo of Mon, and photoshopped the two together. Then we made an online order at Ferguson Plare and had the picture on the cake :3.

omg do I list everyone? The important thing here is that Franny is killing the MPSU reps and Jeren is happy
And then the few days later, we sussed out their timetables and sorted out what time we'd surprise them. Monica wasn't too bad, since she had class in the morning and normally we all lounge around after class and just - don't go home. David... had class in the afternoon - so (and I'm sorry I lied) I told him there'd be pizza. And a couple of us told him there'd be cupcakes and honeyjoys (which there were) so he'd better come earlier.

I think this photo pains Francis, but Jeren is still happy!
Also, throughout the week - Jeren was being a little bitch and pretending he'd spilled the beans to David. And we all knew it was bullshit so it was alright. But then, the morning of - I was shown a text conversation between Jeren and David - and I fell for it. Who goes through so much effort to make a false text conversation? fu Jez.



On the day of their birthdays, I called up early to check that the cake was ready, and then went with Dennis to pick it up after our class. The cake - was so perfect. I was so proud. And then, it was also R U OK Day at uni, so there was all this free fairy bread and cupcakes and honeyjoys so it was really like a party lol. The girls made David and Monica sit with their backs facing the entrance, so I could get the cake lit and bring it in to surprise them. I remember as I walked through the common room, someone saying 'that's a massive cake' and maybe it was - but there was about 20 of us..

The cake ermagawd - credits to Jenny for the caption and Anh for the photo
And we managed to surprise both of them and cue fun times for all. We just sat and talked for about 2 hours before 3/4 of the group headed off to their classes, and the rest of us sat there talking and listening to music some more before regrouping and heading home.

Monica cutting both their heads off
lol. Writing about this downplays this event so much - but I had a lot of fun planning it and the day really was great.
tbh, this bit was really weird because Dennis just
walked up to David and spread cream on his forehead saying 'simba'...

faithfully,
Mai

PS: the cake didn't taste that great - I guess it was just more for the aesthetics
PPS: LOL see what I did there?! hahaha

3 comments: