6 November 2015

The Flower Garden at the Gardens by the Bay - Day 4 - Singapore 2014

Dearest readers,
We are currently in the middle of an exam period and I am tired and my head hurts and I'm still posting about events that happened nearly a year ago. Wew hahahha
But hey - I'm ahead of Sheen :P

The second dome that you can enter with your ticket from the Gardens by the Bay - is the Flower Dome. It's really just a massive garden and features plants from different countries. It was early December and many Christmas decorations were up as well. So - let's go ahead with out photo spam!








Hopefully by now, you know I'm a huge fan of sculptures - and the garden had various wood carvings of animals sprinkled in the beds. They were quite strange, but interesting to see.







Started off with the Australian Garden and boab trees (yup, flies to Singapore to look at Australian plants). Wander through these brilliant orange walled stairs - colours turned out ah-ma-zing. And thus we enter the Christmas realm that begin on November 1st, the day we say goodbye to Halloween (not that it's much, here in Australia - but it's getting somewhere). Oh! I remember, the fireplace had a video of fire playing and heat was stimulated from somewhere on the 'fireplace' ahha!







Not too sure about the crows in the Christmas lot, I don't think I've ever heard of a Christmas story featuring crows. Anyway, this section featuring poinsettias was lovely. Despite their strange and large leaf shape - which normally puts me off - I've always thought poinsettias were quite nice. Maybe it's their colour - or the story they come from.










Quite a theme going - with the miniature towns they've built. Love them! As you see, we start off with a cabbage patch field, before transitioning into nice foliage such as silver fern and astilbe vision (did my research for those pink ground covers, but I'm still unsure if that's them).







Pansies and daisies and Jenny - that is all the pretty flowers I can name here :P I really do need to brush up on my garden knowledge. Herblore and all that.






Moving on, we enter the Cactus Garden. Again, cool sculptures but more stone than wood. Not too sure why there's fish, but they are quite nicely done. I'm a sucker for smooth surfaces ... that sounds weird. 





Fossilised wood! We all know I'm a sucker for that. It's just so nice- and cool - and asdlkfjlsdfa. I don't even know why I like it so much. Rings are always cool. Took a break here, from all the walking around! Much exercise in Singapore. It was a little awkward though, as people would be taking photos around us while we rested.






I don't really know what garden these are from. It's kind of Cactus garden transition on to. I don't know. Are those mini boab trees? Do I have some of these plants in my garden? Is the cactus spikey? Is at least one of the answers to these questions 'yes'?
I believe the two ground covers here are both stonecrop .. but varying species I suppose. 




And you know I really like a plant when I upload multiple pictures of the same thing.. Couldn't decide which looked nicer!







And these are the things we came across on our exit from the Garden: pretty foliage, Supertree Grove, a massive snail - I kid you not - and a metal bull. Dem balls. I think they'll only be one or two more posts in this series - nearly done!
For directions, prices and a read about the Cloud Forest - click here!

faithfully,
Mai

No comments:

Post a Comment