28 July 2014

New Zealand Ski Trip 2014 - Part 2

Day Three
On the first day skiing, we woke up early at 6am because we weren't sure how long it would take, but because the drive from Queenstown to Coronet Peak is only about 20minutes, we were able to wake up later at 7am on the next day.
The morning view after walking up the small hill


Not Coronet Peak
My brothers on the path leading into the rooms - this is the little hill we had to walk up all the time.
It's not steep or anything so it's alright, but the path stops part way down randomly..

fishbones on the glasses too!
So ski ski ski. We worked on smoothing out turns and I definitely felt like I improved :3
Off the mountain, we headed to Fishbone Bar & Grill on Beach St. It's a cosy restaurant and we tried some unusual dishes such as muttonbird - which apparently tastes like fish, however I just found it quite salty and game-y, it looked like quail.
And, I also remembered to take some photos of our meals! Yay!


My dish of Little-neck Clams Linguine

Nam's Hake on Mushroom and Pinot Noir Risotto

Nicole's Green-Lipped Mussel Moules

My younger brother decided to get a meal off the kids' menu and here he is, posing with his colouring ^^

Day Four
 The third day skiing was the last day of lessons. I actually feel like I regressed on this day and lost my technique for the rest of the time skiing. We worked on keeping the skis aligned through a turn and in a round-about way, upper-lower body separation as well. I just ... couldn't really do it. I ended up leaning back a lot with every turn and my skiing position just flopped.
Off the mountain :) we headed to Finz near the wharf. I think I might have liked this restaurant better than Fishbone ^^ Will update with a couple more photos when I get them off the other camera~
I had the Whole-Baked Southern Sole with capers, anchovy and nut brown butter :)

Braised East Coast Squid with creamy polenta and fried shallots
- the squid ink sauce was slightly salty, worth trying and it was nice - but not something I'd crave to eat again


The kids with their menus again - not sure why Linh is so grumpy but her seahorse maze is cool ^^
Click on to read Part 1 and Part 3 of this journey.

faithfully,
Mai

No comments:

Post a Comment