30 December 2014

Korea 2014 - Day 1

Finally the day came and myself, along with the lovely Xin, Nicole and Jenny, were heading off to Korea (with a stopover in Singapore where we'd pick up Nicole). Honestly, this trip was a little unexpected because we started planning it and then I realised I hadn't really asked my parents yet and ... well I'm thankful that they let me go :) and funded it :D


My parents and I drove with Jenny and her mum to the airport, arriving early and relaxing. On the otherhand, Xin had to rush to the airport (thankfully, she came a while before boarding). It seems that I always see someone at the airport ^^ Vincent rushed through the airport with his brother to catch up before boarding - but our boarding was later than expected so we actually got to hang out for quite a bit before having to move gates.



Arrived in Singapore and had to wait about 3 more hours until our next flight. There was this little cinema inside the airport playing Captain America 2: The Winter Soldier - which we watched for a while, but there was this person sleeping in the row in front of us and snoring so loudly.. So we left for our gate and hassled Nicole about where she was (and when she finally met us at the gate - she had this really really good cake. thanks Ling Auntie!)

(Last time I wrote about the movies I watched - but I barely slept on any of the flights and can't remember what I watched or when~)

Arriving in Korea was  omfgdfajskdjflkasdf  great and cold and busy. We caught the train all the way to our guesthouse in Myeongdong and had to change trains and walk up and down staircases with our suitcases and it was dark but the time we got to our apartment. Jenny had booked us the family apartment at Eco Guesthouse in Myeongdong. Would recommend. Apart from the six levels you have to walk up (no lift - but granted, the manager did carry 2 of our suitcases up so it's not too much of a hassle), the guesthouse was great. It has a convenient location and the manager is very helpful. And the apartment wasn't crowded at all and actually a good size for the four of us.

So enter into our apartment - and ignore the time stamps ><


After walking up 6 levels
You finally reach our apartment!


The living room and the TV with a million channels
Bedrooms on the left, laundry and random open space at the back, and the kitchenette
All we found in the cupboards was one mug and a teaspoon.
We slept on traditional beds and the floor heating was quite high so it was quite warm
(except for one morning when I woke up and wore my down jacket inside)
(This is Jenny and myself's room)
Um. I liked the wood they used for the door. and the handles are cool.
Surprisingly spacious and modern bathroom?
annnnddd the Namsan Elementary School next door.. They played nice music every afternoon..
Oh, and we went to go eat at a chicken place afterwards. It was pretty good - and their interior decorations were nice. They had random chickens and eggs everywhere... 

Yellow cuties.
So I couldn't eat the dish on the right.. and thus begun my troubles in Korea
faithfully,
Mai

No comments:

Post a Comment