17 August 2015

Everland - Day 6 - Korea 2014

Hello everyone,
It's been a while but I'll be dropping some posts shortly. These are from Everland, a theme park in Korea. Lotte World is also a popular theme park within Korea, and I'm not exactly sure why we decided to go to Everland. Lotte World is partly indoor and also has water rides, making it great for the summer. The day we went, was also the coldest - getting to -9°C as we were leaving. Tickets for one day entrance were 48,000Won for an adult and 38,000 for a child. 





Everland is on a mountain and the themed areas area all quite far from each other. The Global Fair, which is where you first enter, only has a few stores and a small side games. If I'm remembering correctly, you need to catch a train or a cable car to the rest of the park - however, I might be getting all my parks confused :S



We al thought this bird was really pretty and I took a bunch of photos of it, but then the thought came up, that maybe this bird is really popular in Korea so it isn't a big deal to anyone but us.. It had such nice colours though.



It was cold, so I wore mittens. On the bus to the park, we saw these two girls wearing skirts - and they had a blanket draped over their laps. Pls, like that's going to keep you warm enough - I don't know if they were going for a date or something, but that's effort..



Other sections of the park are: Zootopia, European Adventure, American Adventure and Magic Land. We spent most of the morning in the Zootopia area because... well I wanted to look at all the animals. And it was very cold so part of it was inside. (Sorry, I made us look at animal so long)




This area... I have no idea what it was. It was just a bunch of cutesy fairybook style buildings and they had pages of a fairy tale spread throughout it. There was a small playground and some shops we entered, just to stand near the heaters. But really - this area is a little pointless. It didn't even have kid rides.



Oh look, a cable car - I was right! ^^ This was in the queue for one of the rides - probably the best ride. I think we went on it 2-3 times - and the queue wasn't long, so really, it was just a matter of running around to the entrance again in time for the next ride.



As the sun set, all the lights came on - and I apologise again, for dragging you guys, to look at all the lights when you probably just wanted to stay inside. 




 But the lights were so pretty, they were calling to me.





Too many couples, selfie sticks and waiting for people to move so the photo can be decent at least.





There's so much lights, that photos people really don't turn up well. In my defence, I didn't know what to do with my hands.





I remember just running around the whole area, trying to take photos as quickly as possible so we could all leave. We were in no way - dressed to deal with negative degrees.





When I left Nicole by the heater to go run around in the cold..




Lights will guide you home~



And it snowed overnight - and this is Day 7 - the flight to Singapore



Directions: Check their site here for various directions. 
Click on to read about the Sarfari, Zootopia and the Monkey House in Everland.

So we're not actually up to Singpapore yet, because I'm going to post all the animal pics. over the next week. There's a lot...
Stay tuned!

faithfully,
Mai 

No comments:

Post a Comment