19 September 2015

Little India and .... - Day 1 & 2 - Singapore 2014

Oh my gosh, that feeling when you finally get up to the next country even though it's nearly time to go on the next overseas trip (which I don't think is actually going to happen this year :( but you get the gist. It's been a while).
The first few days... really I don't think we did much.
Caught a flight in the early afternoon (I think) and watched several movies. I actually fell asleep on this trip - and I couldn't get into any of the movies I looked at.
The drive in

 My first thoughts on Singapore as we drove to the hotel, were that the area was very clean and green. The freeway? in to the city had so many plants - and maybe it's that Australian plants are more of khaki colour, rather than a pure green, that I found the landscape so pretty.

Why do we always start eating before photos
We actually ended up ordering another curry or two lol
 After checking in, we first headed to Little India to exchange out money. I'd searched the places where you get the best conversions and Little India seemed like a good place to grab dinner at the same time. In Singapore, we caught the taxi everywhere though I'm sure we would have been able to catch the public transport available.

A photo posted by Mai Nguyen (@maiemerald) on
We walked around the Little India area, buying a few casual items of clothing - and spent a fair amount of time getting this henna done. The henna store was upstairs and didn't seem that professional. There seemed to be a hangout sesh happening in on of the adjoining rooms and people constantly came in and out, though we were the only customers. There was only one person doing the henna, causing the time we spent in the shop - to be around 3 hours. (Also I don't think they charged me the right amount lel). We were also able to buy our own henna, which I still haven't used actually..

Breakfast outside the hotel
Quesadilla ~
 Breakfast the next day was really standard. I think Nicole ate 3 bites and consequentially stopped. The Mexican for dinner, on the other hand, was great. We decided to go to that restaurant as the area was very busy and  - and also had many foreigners so we were unable to give them tax reduction of they pay.  Omg, I was falling asleep when I wrote this - I have no idea what I meant in the above sentence. We found this street full of busy restaurants, however the area was full of foreigners. We eventually decided on a Mexican place which was quite good - and the waiter was very friendly. There was this alcohol we asked about - and apparently they use a worm to distil it? or pickle it? or something very strange. Consequently, we did not order that drink.

Falling asleep, busy week.
faithfully,
Mai


No comments:

Post a Comment